Monday, November 24, 2008

Crying over spilled milk - literally

Can I just say that whomever said "there's no use crying over spilled milk" never had it happen on a clean floor before.

I just bawled my eyes out.

Mopping the kitchen is my least favorite chore. I despise it.

I spent 3 hours - yes, count em, nearly 3 hours scrubbing, disinfecting, mopping and sweeping my kitchen floor. I swept it three times to get it free of crumbs and dog hair. Then I scrubbed the entire floor on my hands and knees with hot water and pine sol. Then I mopped it 3 times, each time using fresh, hot water to get the dirty water off the floor.

Will just snatched the sippy cup of chocolate milk off the counter before I could get the lid on it. It wasn't even mixed yet - so there was milk and a huge streak of syrup all over the floor. And it went under the edge of the dishwasher. Shoot me.


No comments: