Saturday, March 14, 2009

A trip to labor and delivery

The last few days have been building in excitement and intensity. I've started having some signs of early labor. They resulted in a climax of several hours of contractions on Thursday evening - to the point that I called labor and delivery. I had been contracting every 5-6 minutes for about an hour and a half. This was the first time I've ever had contractions where I felt like I might actually be in labor. I was hopeful they'd at least tell me I was 4-5 cm and could stay to see if I'd progress.
So I grabbed my purse and away I went to the hospital. Todd stayed home with Will and our packed suitcases, awaiting word from me to call our babysitter and join me at the hospital. I was giddy at the thought that we could be ready to have a baby.
I get to the hospital a few minutes before 11 pm and get hooked to the monitors. In the about 45-50 minutes I was on the monitor, I had 1 contraction. ONE. Sigh. The nurse checked me for dilation and there was nothing new to report since Tuesday.
I changed back out of my gown and into my clothes and headed back home - without a baby.
I swear, he's NEVER coming out. LOL

No comments: