Monday, March 9, 2009

Less than a week to go

Well, it's officially Tuesday the 10th - so we're at a week or less. A week from right now I'll be in the hospital, holding our sweet boy in my arms. I'm overjoyed and scared to death all at the same time. I can't wait to see his face and to finally meet him - to memorize every detail of his face, to count his fingers and his toes. To learn the smell of him.
On a slightly lighter note - I'm just looking forward to him getting out of my belly. The combination of a nearly 9 lb baby (we'll find out how big he's gotten tomorrow) and a lot of amniotic fluid leads to being VERY uncomfortable. Not only is he large, but because of all the extra fluid, he still has a lot of room to move. And a very large baby packs quite a punch. And kick. And elbow. His movements are unbelievable and they hurt. A lot. I'm looking forward to him punching someone else for a little while.

No comments: