Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I guess I'll never look at today again as just a day for beer and Irish music. I'm having a baby today. It's a little after 6 in the morning and I decided to take a few minutes to get online before needing to get dressed and load the car for the hospital.

Will decided to remind me he's still my #1 priority, at least for a few more minutes by waking up at 5:30 when my alarm was set for 6:20. It took a bit to get him resettled, but now he's sleeping soundly in his bed. I'm actually glad he woke up. I managed to get in one more snuggle and kiss from my first baby boy.
It seems completely surreal to me that in little more than an hour I'm going to be hooked to an IV and have my water broken to put me into labor. I think it'll seem much more real by lunch time when I'm begging for an epidural. ha ha
So, in the meantime, please say a prayer for a safe and healthy delivery of this new little love in my life. I cannot wait to meet him today and find out who has been in there and what he's like. I'm so excited to know we are completing our family today.

No comments: