Tuesday, March 10, 2009

38 week appt

Today I was worried about being in a hurry. My appointment was at 12:45 and I pick Will up at 2:00. Thankfully, the timing worked out and I made it to school at 1:45.
My blood pressure was still on the low side, which is typical as of late. Everything else looked good.

Evan cooperated for his NST and I didn't have to spend an hour on the monitor. Then it was off to my ultrasound. Evan scored another 10/10 on his BPP. It took a while for Brooke to convince him to breathe - he was being a bit uncooperative. I ended up feeling really light headed and she had me move onto my left side to relieve the pressure on my arteries. While giving me a minute to recoup, Brooke switched into 4D so we could see Evan's sweet face. I started to cry. That's the first time I've ever cried during any ultrasound. He was just so sweet and fat. I can't wait to kiss his fat little cheeks.
So, she finished up the ultrasound and pronounced him to be 8 lbs 5 oz. Exactly what she estimated his big brother to weigh the day before he was born. Hmm..........
Then it was in to see the doctor. I was finally going to get an internal. I told him I was hopeful he'd tell me I was 3-4 cm dilated. He checked and then had a huge grin on his face. He said "yep, you're 3". WOO HOO!! Even his nurse laughed with excitement.
Then we went into his office to schedule my induction officially. He checked his schedule and declared Monday to be a madhouse, so we booked Tuesday morning at 7 am. So, unless he decides to dislodge himself between now and then, Evan will be a St. Patrick's Day baby. Which was actually a secret hope of mine. :) Although I'm still holding out that he'll come before next Tuesday.

No comments: