Thursday, January 22, 2009

I can't say I was expecting that

Well, yesterday was potty training boot camp - Day 1. I stressed about how it was going to go. Heck, I've been putting it off for a while because I've been dreading it. I can't even begin to tell you how successful yesterday was. Seriously. I should have started on Monday - he'd probably be totally potty trained by now.
I got up before Will and was upstairs, waiting for him to wake up. We went straight to the potty to peepee. And he did. So we put on underwear instead of a diaper. This kid went 12 hours yesterday while wearing underwear. We had a few accidents, but after the first one, they were what I'd consider partial accidents. He'd start to pee, grab himself and run to the potty as quickly as possible.
The kid who refused to sit on the potty 2 days ago pooped in the potty. Not once, not twice, but THREE times yesterday.
We even made a trip to Walmart in underwear and didn't have an accident.
He did so well, I was just blown away.
Today he's at school - so I sent him in a pull-up style diaper. I know he's not ready to be at school for 5 hours and use the potty there.

We are on the right track, that is for sure.

No comments: