Monday, January 26, 2009

Five days of potty training

Dare I say, he's "at home potty trained"?? Yes, I'll say it. As long as we're at home, he's potty trained. In the last three days, we've only had 2 accidents - total. He's in underwear all day long.
Now, if we leave the house, it's another story. He won't use the potty at school or church. I told him yesterday that if he used the potty at church, he'd get a prize when we got home. Eh, not so much. They told me he got upset when they tried to take him to the potty. One step at a time, though, right?? I'm not really sure how to cross that next bridge, but we'll work it out.
This morning was another bit of a milestone. He woke up completely dry. He slept from 7:30 last night until 8:00 this morning. He came downstairs (I was already awake and on the laptop) when he came down. He gave me a bit hug and said "mommy, my need to peepee in my potty". So I helped him get his pj pants down and I removed his dipe. He ran to the potty and peed. And peed. And peed. He's got his daddy's bladder, that's for sure. He didn't get that from me.
As I was carrying his dipe to the foyer to toss on the stairs ( to make the trip up to the laundry room), I pulled the insert out of it. And felt it - I didn't notice any wetness, so I smelled it. Yep, clean and dry. I am SO impressed with him. He slept 12 1/2 hours and then even held it 3-4 minutes before peeing. What a big boy.

No comments: