Saturday, January 24, 2009

31 week appointment

I went to the OB on Thursday for my last "regular" appointment. That's almost scary - we're down to the final weeks here.
Weight - up 2.5 lbs in the last 2 weeks
BP - low - 80/44 - which explains why I feel like crap lately
Urine - a little protein, but not a lot (Never had that before)
Heartrate - low 150's - he was active while she was listening
Measuring - 32 weeks
I go back next Thursday for the first of my weekly appointments and monitoring. I'll have a biophysical profile taken - which is an ultrasound to check that everything is a-okay with the little guy. And a non-stress test, where they'll measure his heartrate and activity level via fetal monitors. I'm anxious to see how he's measuring and how much he weighs. Not to mention finding out if he's turned. At 32 weeks, there's still not enough cause for alarm that he's breech (and since his head is still jabbed into my left lung, I'd say he hasn't moved), but it's time to really start paying attention.
I've started researching a few options for "baby spinning" or "baby turning" to get him to turn on his own to avoid an external version. Or worse, a c-section. EEP!

No comments: