Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wish me luck

I was going to clean out the fridge this morning and throw away some of the stuff that I'm not able to eat. I picked up a can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. I turned it over and checked the nutrition label. Hmm........23 grams of carbs in 1 roll. And I can have 30 grams for breakfast.

I figure it's worth a shot. I scrambled some eggs and nuked some precooked bacon and baked the rolls. I have to tell you, it was like Heaven on a plate. That was the first taste of baked goodness I've had in weeks. I had the eggs and bacon with it so the protein will help counteract the sugars in the cinnamon roll.

Now we wait to test my blood glucose. One of two things is going to happen - either I made a huge mistake or I just made my entire week.

We'll see soon.

No comments: