Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chicken salad

I have to say, I was actually excited about last night's dinner and I really enjoyed it. Todd and Will loved it, too. It was the first recipe I have tried out of my new diabetic cookbook, Betty Crocker's Diabetes Cookbook.

Chicken and Cantaloupe Salad - 1 carb exchange per serving

6 servings

1/4 c plain yogurt
1/4 c mayonnaise
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs chopped fresh chives
1/4 tsp salt
5 cups 1 1/2 inch pieces cantaloupe
2 1/2 cups cut up cooked chicken
1 cup red or green grapes cut in 1/2
1 medium cucumber cut into 1x1/4 inch strips

Mix together dressing
Cut up produce and chicken
Combine - serve immediately or chill for 2 hours. But no longer than 24.

Okay, but I totally changed it based on what I had on hand. Laughing

I didn't have plain yogurt, so I used vanilla - which gave it a sweet kick w/ the fruit. I didn't have chives, so I used dill. I added some cut up celery, too. I cut up everything more finely than they said, I wanted everything uniformly sized.

You could serve it on sandwiches, but I just put it on a big piece of lettuce.

It was REALLY, REALLY good!

No comments: