Thursday, September 4, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel

There's HOPE!

So, after completely freaking out and having a break down this morning, I called my aunt. I should have done that first. She's an OB/GYN nurse and I asked her opinion. She said that 119 isn't high enough of a number to freak out about. She also said that she would have still administered the test. And that there cannot be any kind of official diagnosis with only 1 number and I should have been given the glucola.

Then she called me back again after talking to her boss. He said that it is impossible to give a pregnant woman a type II diagnosis. He recommended to assume it is gestational diabetes (fine by me) and nothing else can be determined until I have my 2 hour fasting glucose after the baby is born.

So for now, no freaking out. I'm still waiting to hear from Jo about all of this, so I'll update when I have more info.

No comments: