Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Today's appt and diabetes update

Today was my nuchal translucency screening. It's an ultrasound and blood test done at 12-13 weeks to measure the baby's risk for Down Syndrome and other chromosomal problems. The ultrasound is used to measure the thickness of the skin on the back of the baby's neck. Brooke (our tech) said that this baby looks perfectly healthy and normal to her. The official results w/ the blood work won't be back for about a week, but I feel pretty good.

The baby was bouncing around in there and his/her heartbeat was measuring 150 bpm. He/she was measuring right on target for 12w2d and seemed to be happy. We could see enough to see facial features and arms and legs. Brooke tried to sneak a peek and see if we could tell the gender, but it was just too early. Oh well, 6 weeks to go until we find out who is actually in there.

Here are a few pictures from today's ultrasound. They're not the best pictures, since I had to take pictures of the pictures.



So here's the diabetes update so far.

Yesterday's lunch and dinner numbers were good. Esp. dinner - coming in at 83. Holy crap, that's awesome. My fasting was a bit high this morning - 99, but nothing horrible. My breakfast number was good - I had a bowl of grits and didn't even have to eat bacon and eggs with it. I even had Taco Bell for lunch and had a passable number of 128. Woo hoo! I'm going to survive. At least until they make me start insulin. :(


No comments: