Sunday, October 26, 2008

Interesting Development

I'm not sure how much of this is a product of what. But between the morning sickness I had in the first trimester and now taking Metformin and following the ADA diet, I'm 19 weeks pregnant today and 14 pounds lighter than I weighed when I got pregnant.

My maternity clothes are starting to fall off of me - my jeans are just too big. My neighbor even commented the other day that he couldn't believe that I was "that skinny and that pregnant". He said he could tell I've lost a lot of weight. I wanted to kiss him!

I can't say that I'm complaining, that's for sure. It sure is going to help with losing weight after this baby is born if I weigh when I deliver what I weighed when I got pregnant. By the time I was this far along with Will, I'd gained about 20 pounds. Since I started out weighing 30 lbs more this pregnancy than I did with Will, I'm thinking we're finally evening out the playing field.

Don't worry, the doctors aren't concerned. My uterus is where it's supposed to be and my tiny little (5 oz) man is growing inside me just like he's supposed to. I'm eating healthier than I have in years and consuming plenty of calories. This weight coming of is the stubborn fat I've been fighting for years.

I was about 30 lbs overweight when I got pregnant and about 55-60 lbs over what I really want to weigh. Hopefully within a few weeks of this little guy being born I'll be on my way to losing this extra fat for good.

Then once I get my lasik surgery and throw away my glasses, I'll be one hot mama. ha ha

No comments: