Thursday, April 10, 2008

My first blog

Well, I don't really know what I should say for my "first blog". It's sort of an important event, isn't it?

Well, how about I give you a little basic information about me and my family so you know who we are. Though I suspect you already know us. I'm Michaela - I'm a 31 year old SAHM (aka stay at home mom aka Domestic Goddess). My husband is Todd - he's a part-time KC-135 pilot part time in the Tennessee National Guard. Flying is his life's dream. Unfortunately, it doesn't always pay the bills. So, he works an 8-5 job in Education and Development at an automotive parts manufacturing plant.

Todd and I have a wonderful, amazing, beautiful (but we aren't biased) little boy named William Cooper - we call him Will - but he calls himself "Will Name Cooper". Close enough, I guess. He's two. He was born on December 13, 2005 and changed our world for the better.

In addition to Todd's passion for flying, we love to boat. Last year we upgraded our 2000 Bayliner 1954 that we'd owned on a new/better boat. Enter "Time Well Wasted". She's a 2004 SeaRay Sundeck 240. And she's beautiful. And she's naked. Though we named her almost immediately, we never ordered the letters, so we'll need to take care of that sometime soon.

We live in beautiful Knoxville, TN. We're situated between the beautiful Smoky Mountains and some of the best lakes in the world (our opinion). We moved here for the weather and the water - both of which are great for boating.

We have an interesting collection of pets, as well. Dixie is our 10 year old Labrador Retriever and our first "baby". She has slowed down a lot in the last few years, but she still loves going to the lake and playing fetch. We also have a couple of weirdo cats - Bandit and Sadie. I think that's about all the introduction you need. So, thanks for visiting!

Here are a few introductory pictures for your viewing pleasure. :)

Here's Will - April 2008


Here are Todd and I at a wedding - September 2007

1 comment:

Ashley said...

YAY!! I am so excited to keep up with your blog!