Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Having a baby makes you a negligent blogger

Sorry about that...I guess I haven't blogged in - oh, 2 months - whoops. Having two kids and getting in shape makes for busy days.

Let's see, what's the latest with all of us..........
Todd - he took a buy out from his civilian employer and accepted a big fat check to leave his job. Hooray! Last Friday was his last day. We're looking forward to a happier daddy, more free time and not too much less money.
Will - Just finished up his first year of preschool. He's a rowdy, loud and fun 3 1/2 year old. Which means I end up tired a lot. He frustrates me beyond measure, but I sure do love him. He says he wants to learn to ski this summer, so we plan on teaching him.

Evan - what can I say about this little guy? He's such a blessing. A great sleeper, eater and just over all, so easy going and happy. He's probably the best baby ever born. He sleeps 10-12 hours at night w/o waking and goes right back to sleep as soon as he's nursed. He's a great napper and a happy little guy. He's full of smiles and laughs. I'm looking forward to seeing him roll over soon.
Me - I'm on a mission. So far, I've lost 32 lbs. (remember, this isn't baby weight - this is MY weight. I only gained 4 lbs while pregnant with E and it was gone when he was born at almost 10 lbs.) Ideally, I'd like to lose another 30-35. But honestly, I'll be happy with 20 more. I've been running - a lot. It's amazing. I feel so empowered to be able to accomplish a goal every single day. I'm running about 3 1/2 to 5 miles a day. It depends on the day and whether or not I'm running on the treadmill or hitting the road.

My goals are go compete in a Sprint Tri - it's August 8th. There's another one July 11th, but I just don't feel I'll be ready yet. So I have 2 months to finish getting ready for the Tri. It's a 200 yard pool swim, a 9 mile bike and a 3.1 mile run. Over all, about as small of a Tri as you can do.
Todd and I are going to Dayton, OH in September for the Air Force Marathon. He's going to run the full marathon - 26.2 and I'm going to run the 10k (6.2 miles).
That's about all for now. I'll try and update again soon.

No comments: